Professional photos are designed to last a lifetime. Here are some tips on how to best prepare for you photo session:
- For family portraits or couples shots, opt for clothing that is complimentary. Wear pieces that come from the same color family. Avoid loud or busy prints or shirts with logos on them. Avoid wearing a plain white T-shirt underneath another shirt if the T-shirt will be showing around the chest and neck area. Remove watches and any extraneous jewelry. If you plan on having full body shots, then be mindful of the shoes and socks you are wearing.
- For photo sessions with young children, be sure to have snacks and toys on hand to keep the little ones happy and entertained.
- Make up and hair is best done at home before the shoot, but it doesn't hurt to bring a comb, some hair spray or gel, and some cosmetics for quick touch ups. Don't forget your mirror. You are welcome to hire your own professional stylist for the shoot. If you need some recommendations for stylists, please let me know several weeks in advance.
- Be prepared for the weather. Dress appropriately or be ready to momentarily sacrifice comfort for the sake of a great shot.
- Be happy and be playful. The purpose of the shoot is to capture your unique spirit. If you enjoy the shoot, that will come through in the photos.